Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Saddle Club

My 4-year-old grand-daughter is a fan of the 'Saddle Club', a video originally made for television.  She and I were in the basement (the 'Doll Cave') introducing her to my extended family of dolls.  She wanted to play and take photographs.  She picked out a Battat horse and two dolls.  The choice of clothing was hers, but I had to show her how to dress them. 

"I can do it myself!" (sigh) "Help me Papa John!".  I prefer to let her try first, with a bit of 'complementry' instruction.  The boot zippers were a special, if minor, challenge.

She only weighs 28 pounds, so when the horse fell on it's side, I had to help her stand it upright (but only after she asked).

We alternated taking photos.  The best results are shown below.






This Riding Bareback scene appears in the video, but I have to apologize for the absence of riding helmets (Kids, don't try this at home!).

It was fun listening to her create stories about her two new friends and their horse.

3 comments:

Hannah Prewett (beastsbelle) said...

Your granddaughter is adorable! :) It sounds like a day at my house...except I have 3 little girls who need help dressing their dolls. ;)

Carolyn said...

How cute! Some of the sweetest memories I have are spent with my granddaughter. There's nothing like it!

AlexAndrea said...

One comment on Alexis' learning curve.

One day we were going down the stairs, with me one step ahead, facing her.

"I don't need shoes, I can do it alone." Well, about half way down, she slipped and wrapped herself around my leg . . . "HELP!"

The very next time we were going downstairs she said, "Wait, Papa John, I have to put my shoes on!"

Safe failure can humble a willful little girl.
___________________________________

On another note: The first time I heard a young child tell their parent, 'I need this!', I was taken aback. It applies to adults as well . . . If we get what we 'want', it becomes a 'need'. It's kinda like being addicted to materialistic or emotional 'stuff'.